The website developer is responsible for translating the clients requirements and the UI designer's concepts into a functionally effective website using cutting edge techniques and methodologies.
- Creative Problem Solver. You will need to be creative in solving programming conundrums
- Determinated. Some assignments can take a long time to finish, or your Project Manager may turn it around for many, many revisions.
- Persuasive. Need to know how to write persuasively and in some cases, defend your choices and ideas.
- Intermediate CMS knowledge At least 2 years experience creating websites using Joomla and Wordpress or similar CMSs
- Intermediate E-Commerce knowledge Experience using any of the following e-commerce platforms (wooCommerce, jigoshop, Magento, Virtuemart)
- Intermediate coding ability Knowledgable in PHP, CSS3, HTML5, JQUERY
- Team Player Must be capable of working effectively within a team environment.
- Convert PSD to HTML or Wordpress and Joomla
- Meet production deadlines
- Correspond with other project stakeholders
- Write and interpret technical specification documents
- Write and interpret test cases
- Prepare production status reports
- Conduct research for new techniques based on industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Experience that will impress
- Maintains an online portfolio of previous works
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (i.e. SCRUM, FDD etc.)
- Use SASS and Fireshell for rapid development workflow
- Responsive frameworks (bootstrap, zurb, uikit) and media query breakpoints
- Solid working knowledge with managing web servers, backing up data, optimizing websites for faster loading